Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chocolate chip cookie s'mores

I think I just died and went to heaven. I am a HUGE fan of s'mores, the graham crackers, the chocolate and the gooey marshmallow in the middle, it's just to die for. 
Yesterday I think I found a new and better version of the original s'more. In stead of using the graham crackers and chocolate you use chocolate chip cookies. The good thing about this is that if you make the chocolate chip cookies so that they're still a bit soft in the middle the s'more crumbles a lot less so you avoid getting half of it on your lap while eating it!

What you need: 
Marshmallows 
My chocolate chip cookies 
BBQ sticks

How you make them: 
Step1: Make small chocolate chip cookies using this recipe.
I used teaspoons to measure out the dough so that they didn't become too big. 
Step2: When you are sitting around the fire or the grill put a marshmallow on a BBQ stick and roast it until it is golden brown on the outside. 
Step3: When your marshmallow is roasted take two chocolate chip cookies and put the marshmallow in the middle. 

If you want the cookies to be warm just microwave them for a minute or two before you serve them, then the chocolate will be nice and runny too. 




As a lot of you might already know I am a huge fan of cozy evenings with my friends. I mean, I love going out with my friends too but I absolutely adore just sitting and talking over dinner or just in a cozy environment where there's no pressure and you can just take it easy. For me those are some of my best memories that I have with my friends. 

Yesterday I had some of my coworkers over at my house after work and I really wanted it to be one of those cozy evenings. We have a giant tree in my garden and if you sit under it it almost feels like you're sitting in a room because half of the tree is surrounded by different types of bushes. My family and I usually sit there after dinner and the sun has set, then we start a fire and just enjoy each other's company.  

So I did the same with my coworkers. One of my friends asked me if I could bake something so I made some chocolate chip cookies, bought marshmallows and a bunch of drinks and snacks, hung up a bunch of lanterns in the tree and bushes, started a fire and lit some candles. I was so awesome that she asked me to bake something because if I hadn't baked those chocolate chip cookies I wouldn't have stumbled up on one of the most delicious combinations ever. I just love it when things work out!
I am so happy with how it all turned out, it was so cozy and everyone loved it and had a great time. It was the last night for three of them so it was a nice way to end the summer we've all spent together.  


You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment