Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks

It's so nice to be home again, if only for a few days! 
I came home for two reasons: thanks giving and Gåsmiddag, which can be translated to goose dinner which is is a Swedish celebration that is mostly celebrated in the southern parts of the country.
Those of you who celebrate thanksgiving know that you eat till you aren't physically able to eat anymore, goose dinner is the same thing and of course both meals ended up being scheduled for the same day so I can easily say that I've never had as much food as I did yesterday! 

We celebrated thanksgiving with some American relatives and the goose dinner is something that my family and 5 other families have celebrated for the last 17 years, it's always the same people and it is always as much fun! You eat a special soup that is made from loads of different fruits and then blood.. Yes blood.. I have never been able to get used to it. I am one of the ones who just dip the spoon in the soup a few times and then gives up. I just can't. Then you eat Goose with potatoes, a delicious sauce and a bunch of other things and then Finnish it if with apple cake. yumm yumm yumm. 
If you don't know what Thanksgiving is.. You basically come together, eat turkey, mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows, pies and a whole lot of other deliciousness. Of course there is a story behind it about the Indians and the pilgrims but if you want to know it - Google it ;) It's too long to write here!

Peanut butter balls that are covered in chocolate, always an important part on the families thanksgiving table. 

 Found my graduation picture on the fridge together with about fifty other pictures of all the members of the family! Made me really happy to be honest! 

A piece of delicious pumpkin pie with cool whip, thanksgiving without pumpkin pie is like a house without a roof.. why have it? (you can find the recipe here). 

The soup.. i can't, i just can't.

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment