Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clever solution


A while ago I ordered a new mattress because I wasn't happy with the ones I had and yesterday it arrived, I put it in my bed but then I wasn't sure about what I was going to do with the old ones. I knew I would have to keep them in my room but I just didn't know where to put them so that they wouldn't be in the way and so you wouldn't be able to see them and I came up with a pretty clever solution if I may say so myself..

First I just put them up against the wall behind my bed and then I realized that I had a bookshelf from IKEA that I wasn't using that was the same length and width as the top of the mattresses so I simply took the bookshelf apart. I put one of the sides of the bookshelf underneath the mattress and the other side on top and left who of the screws where the shelves were fastened before in each side and then connected them with a wire so that it would be more stable so that the ''shelf'' wouldn't fall. And I'm really happy with the result!  
So now i have a shelf that i'm actually using instead of one that is just standing around not being used :) 

Problem solved! 


It might not look that amazing from the side but
it's just a temporary solution
until my mother picks them up in May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment